Lujo Home premium range of silk quilts. Made with a filling of 100% grade A long strand mulberry silk.
It’s quite a mouth full isn’t it, but the quality does make a difference. Treat yourself to the ultimate luxury of a Washable Mulberry Silk quilt. Our sizes range from Queen silk quilt, right up to our super king silk quilt. This wonderful fibre is naturally hypoallergenic, exceptional quality and Eco-friendly.
Are you getting top quality mulberry silk?
Unfortunately with the price of premium mulberry silk many manufacturers cut corners and sell a cheaper product with an inferior silk inside to unsuspecting buyers. Often this ‘silk’ is actually a mix of synthetic material with a lower grade of silk cutoffs which does not have the same quality or benefits. For this reason we have included a small zip for you to inspect the quality of the silk you have purchased. This gives you as a buyer, piece of mind.
Silk is a natural heat regulator, it helps to maintain the air around you when you sleep. Being at a comfortable temperature allows for a deeper sleep. Silk does not conduct heat or static electricity, so it helps to maintaining the correct body temperature for you. Although heat is retained by our Mulberry silk quilts during cold temperatures, it does not get trapped. This allows you to stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter. A silk quilts thermal properties can be a great advantage to anyone with Menopause issues or night sweats. Helping to alleviate sweating can also mean less aging of your skin.
A silk quilt is naturally Hypoallergenic
For asthma and allergy sufferers, there are many triggers such as chemicals and common indoor allergens which can aggravate both diseases. Silk is very hygienic and is resistant to dust and other common causes of allergen issues. Silk contains a natural compound called Sericin. This helps to repel bugs such as dust mites, bacteria and mould. This is good news for anyone as these may lead to challenges for people who face allergies, asthma, skin rashes and other health issues.
Soft and Lightweight pure Mulberry silk filling
The same warmth with a fraction of the weight of other fillings. Our Cotton covered silk floss duvets weight less than a feather/down filled duvet of the same heat-insulating capabilities due to the heat insulating properties of silk and the thermal preserving structure of the floss sheets. A lighter weight duvet can assist a better sleep for some people with health issues. The lighter weight can be a relief for people with a variety of health issues such as blood circulation and arthritis.
Learn more about the Silk Quilts
- Our silk floss is the best quality pure long strand grade 6A Mulberry silk. Each quilt includes a zip so you can inspect the silk for yourself. See video below:
- Lujo Home quilts have a quality cotton cover, for softness and to prevent your silk filling slipping, like silk quilts with a silk cover quilts can. This also reduces the price of our quilts, making them more affordable for everyday use.
- Quality stitching, and a quilted design to keep the silk floss in place year after year.
- For people who like to have their quilt cover stay in place we have included tie spots on each corner and side of quilt. This allows it to be tied in place with a suitable quilt cover.
Silk filled quilt details:
- MATERIAL: 100% mulberry silk Floss filled quilt – 100% grade A long strand mulberry silk with cotton shell.
- INNER FILLING: 100% pure and natural long strand grade A silk floss
- SILK FILLING WEIGHT: See picture below:
- OUTER FABRIC SHELL: 100% Premium Cotton cover
- COLOUR: White
- BRAND: Lujo Home
- SIZE: Your choice of – King Single/Double silk quilt 180 cm x 210 cm | Queen silk quilt 210 x 210 cm | King silk quilt 240 x 210 cm | Super king silk quilt 270 x 240 cm
- TESTING: OEKO – Tex Standard 100 Certified
- PACKAGING: Our Lujo Home silk filled quilts come packaged in a cotton bag
- QUANTITY: 1 Mulberry silk filled quilt