Lujo Home premium range of silk quilts / silk duvets
Made with a filling of 100% grade A long strand mulberry silk and a quality cotton outer.
It’s quite a mouth full isn’t it, but the quality of a silk quilt does make a difference. Treat yourself to the ultimate luxury of a Mulberry silk quilt, silk duvet. Our sizes range from king single silk quilt, right up to our super king silk quilt. This wonderful fibre is naturally hypoallergenic, exceptional quality and Eco-friendly.
What makes our Lujo Home a premium silk quilt so awesome?
- All Lujo Home silk is of the highest quality premium grade 6A long strand Mulberry silk. Quality workmanship, stitching and the best quality silk floss filling
- Soft and Lightweight pure Mulberry silk filling. The same warmth with a fraction of the weight of other fillings. Our Cotton covered silk floss duvets weight less than a feather/down filled duvet of the same heat-insulating capabilities due to the heat insulating properties of silk and the thermal preserving structure of the floss sheets. A lighter weight duvet can assist a better sleep for some people with health issues. The lighter weight can be a relief for people with a variety of health issues such as blood circulation and arthritis.
- A silk duvet is naturally hypoallergenic. For asthma and allergy sufferers, there are many triggers such as chemicals and common indoor allergens which can aggravate both diseases. Silk is very hygienic and is resistant to dust and other common causes of allergen issues. Silk contains a natural compound called Sericin. This helps to repel bugs such as dust mites, bacteria and mould. This is good news for anyone as these may lead to challenges for people who face allergies, asthma, skin rashes and other health issues.
- 100% real quality Mulberry (long strand) silk is soft, luxurious and moisture wicking. No offcuts or cheap synthetic silk used in our silk quilts. You always know you can count on Lujo Homes quality.
- Lujo Home is a South Australian owned family business. By shopping with us you are supporting local. We value great customer service and have quick delivery. (We never ship from outside Australia)
Silk quilt in more detail
- INNER FILLING: Our silk floss is the best quality pure long strand grade 6A Mulberry silk. Each quilt includes a small zipped section in the cotton outer, so you can inspect the silk floss for yourself. (zip is only approximately 10cm) See video at the bottom of this page
- SIZE AND SILK FILLING WEIGHT: Four sizes and two options for silk fillings in our range:
(please note this is pure silk filling weight not the quilt weight)
King single/Double silk doona: King Single / Double silk quilt 180 cm x 210 cm
light mid warmth silk filling 900 grams (238gsm) or mid winter warmth 1320 grams silk (350gsm)
Queen silk doona: Queen silk quilt 210 x 210 cm
light to mid warmth silk filling 1050 grams (238gsm) or mid to winter warmth 1540 grams silk (350gsm)
King silk doona: King silk quilt 240 x 210 cm
light to mid warmth silk filling 1200 grams silk (238gsm) or mid to winter warmth silk duvet 1760 grams silk (350gsm)
Super King silk doona: Super king silk doona 270 x 240 cm
light to mid warmth silk filling 1540 grams silk (238gsm) or mid to winter warmth 2270 grams silk (350gsm
Lujo Home silk filled quilts have a quality cotton outer, for softness and durability. The cotton outer holds your silk floss filling. Cotton also prevents slipping inside your quilt cover (quilt cover not included), like other quilts with a silk outer can. This also reduces the price of our quality quilts. Making them more affordable for everyday use. This way we can still bring you a quality silk filled quilt at a fraction of the price.
Quality stitching, and a quilted design to keep the silk floss filling in place year after year.
For people who like to have their quilt cover stay in place we have included tie spots on each corner and side of our duvets. This allows it to be tied in place with a suitable quilt cover.
OUTER FABRIC OUTER SHELL: 100% Premium Cotton outer
COLOUR: White cotton outer
BRAND: Lujo Home – Australia
RECOMMENDATION: Recommended to be used inside a quilt cover of your choice for protection, not included with this product
TESTING: OEKO – Tex Standard 100 Certified
PACKAGING: Our Lujo Home quilts come packaged in a cotton bag
QUANTITY: 1 Mulberry silk filled quilt
- SUPER EASY PAYMENT OPTIONS: We offer Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, American Express. We also offer take home layby options with Afterpay, Zip, Laybuy, Humm and Latidude Pay. Please see options at checkout.
- COUNTRY OF MANUFACTURE: China
FAQ: Why should I choose a Lujo Home quality silk quilt
QUESTION: Are silk duvets warm?
ANSWER: Silk is a natural heat regulator, it helps to maintain the air around you when you sleep. Being at a comfortable temperature allows for a deeper sleep. Silk does not conduct heat or static electricity, so it helps to maintaining the correct body temperature for you. Although heat is retained by our Mulberry silk duvet during cold temperatures, it does not get trapped. This allows you to stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter. A silk quilts thermal properties can be a great advantage to anyone with Menopause issues or night sweats. Helping to alleviate sweating can also mean less aging of your skin.
QUESTION: How good are Lujo Home silk duvets?
ANSWER: Are you getting top quality mulberry silk in your silk quilt?
Unfortunately with the price of premium mulberry silk many manufacturers cut corners and sell a cheaper product with an inferior silk inside [Tussar silk is not top grade, we do not use it] to unsuspecting buyers. Often this ‘silk’ is actually a mix of synthetic material with a lower grade of silk cutoffs which does not have the same quality or benefits. For this reason we have included a small zip for you to inspect the quality of the silk you have purchased. This gives you as a buyer, piece of mind.
QUESTION: How do you clean a silk quilt?
ANSWER: Care instructions will vary depending on which Lujo Home silk quilt you purchase.
Our summer to mid quilts can be machine washed with care if needed. Washing should be on the most gentle setting. Using a silk approved detergent. Silk should only be washed in luke warm / cold water under 30 degrees celcius. Although a gentle wash is possible, we still recommend our Summer quilts be spot cleaned rather than washed if possible, for longevity.
Our mid to winter silk quilts are recommended to be a spot cleaned only due to the extra silk filling.
QUESTION: Does a Mulberry silk quilt get hot while sleeping?
ANSWER: Some manufacturers sell cheap synthetic materials under the name silk. This can get quite confusing for unsuspecting buyers. The breathability and thermo-regulating properties of 100% Mulberry silk is unmatched by cotton, linen or polyester. And especially fabric made from synthetic materials. You will find your new Lujo Home Mulberry silk quilt stays soft and cool all night.
QUESTION: Do you stock a super king silk doona?
ANSWER: We sure do, its one of our most popular sellers. It often sells out fast so if you can’t see it in stock please send us a email with the subject line super king silk doona.
What do our customers think?
Courtney Received my super king silk quilt for summer to mid. It is amazing. We live in Brisbane so it can get hot and humid at times however with the quilt my husband and I are comfortable. My husband usually sweats during the night but hasn’t since we have gotten the quilt. Best investment ever.
Rachell We bought the silk pillowcase in conjunction with the mulberry silk quilt and what a wonderful decision it was. I have multiple sclerosis and suffer most nights from overheating. It does not matter what we did with airconditoning I still suffered sweats and overheating. The mulberry silk quilt is light and so cool to lay under. My husband says he even finds it cool to lay on. The pillow case has made such a difference and my nights are now cooler and more comfortable.Thankyou Melissa for all your help and time in answering questions. Could not be happier with our purchase. Thankyou Lujo and Mel xx
Michelle Beautiful Quilt so much lighter than wool quilts I have used in the past. There is no heavy feeling when it is covering you, It really is a luxurious feeling, I just can’t believe I waited this long to change to silk! Melissa is amazing so easy to talk to and kept me up to date, you definitely do not find this kind of customer service in a big business. Thank you!
Helen It is light but warm and beautiful to sleep under. I am very happy with it. The silk pillow case adds to beautiful, restful sleeping. Thank you.
Nikki Love it! Feels very luxurious.. I was expecting it to be really lightweight and I was a little worried when I ordered as I do like to feel something on me, but it’s perfect.. Nice and warm will need an extra blanket in winter though.
Deborah I don’t wont to get out of bed now! I’ve had many silk doonas over the years but this is by far the best quality and price! Highly recommended!